The Executive Committee shall act on matters that require immediate attention for and behalf of the RDC when it is not in session.
Functions of the Executive Committee
The RDC Executive Committee shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Draft, in consultation with the Sectoral Committees, regional plans, programs, policies and guidelines for consideration by the Council;
- Prepare and submit annual regional development report of the region to the Council;
- Call upon the NEDA Regional Secretariat, sectoral committees, other regional agencies, local government units, and the private sector to provide the Committee and the Council technical assistance in planning, investment programming and budgeting and other related development concerns;
- Endorse or recommend to the Council policy issues and proposals emanating from the Sectoral Committees and local development councils requiring appropriate action;
- Act on urgent and emergency matters that refer to activities with deadlines, events as a consequence of natural and man-made calamities, and act to correct blatant errors in major decisions; and
- Perform administrative functions and other management matters as may be delegated by the Council.
Composition of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall comprise one-fourth of the total membership of the fully constituted Council. It shall have the following composition:
The RDC Chairman, the Co-Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary shall automatically become the ExCom Chairman, Co-Chairman Vice-Chairman and Secretary, respectively.
The Chairmen of the four (4) Sectoral Committees; a representative each of the Governors, City Mayors and Municipal Mayors, and a representative of the RDC PSR members in the Council.